100 new exhibition catalogues from the Galleria del Cavallino

The Galleria del Cavallino opened in April 1942 with a group exhibition. In the introductory text by Carlo Cardazzo, we read:

If a collectionism arose in Italy that was the most lively expression for the action of our art, galleries necessarily had to be born with the task of bringing the public in need of artistic direction closer and closer.

This first exhibition presented works by Campigli, Carrà, Cesetti, Marino, Romanelli, Rosai, Sironi and Tosi. To underline its importance, it was announced that it would be inaugurated personally by Bottai; although, in fact, the Superintendent of the Royal Galleries, Vittorio Moschini, came in his place.
After the initial one, numerous other exhibitions followed on a bi-weekly basis. The third exhibition, from 16 June to 20 July 1942 - one of the most interesting exhibitions, also due to its concomitance with the XXIII Venice Biennale - presented twelve mini-personal exhibitions, with half a dozen, or slightly more, works by each artist, a form used since the first exhibition. The artists in this third exhibition were Campigli, Carrà, de Chirico, de Pisis, Funi, Marussig, Modigliani, Morandi, Scipione, Sironi, Soffici and Tosi. 
The cadence of the exhibitions slowed down considerably in the last years of the war, but from the mid-1950s the exhibitions continued without interruption until the end of the 1980s.
Among the hundreds of artists presented were not only Italians but also foreign artists who were exhibiting in Italy for the first time.
The exhibition catalogues of the Cavallino were always a few pages, mostly a sheet of heavy, glossy paper, folded in two or three parts, with writings by critics and often by the artists themselves, accompanied by one or two pictures, biographical notes and a photo of the artist. Brochures of a few stapled pages are rare. Among the hundreds of artists presented were not only Italians but also foreign artists who were exhibiting in Italy for the first time.